My coworker Tristian is this really great artist and he’s the reason I made these cookies. Last year I had made him these sugar cookies and in return he made me a piece of artwork. I’m always down for trading. This time around he wanted peanut butter cookies and in return I’ll get another piece of artwork to add to my collection.
*Makes about 90 cookies.
- 3 cups of creamy peanut butter *you could really use any nut butter
- 1 1/2 cups of salted butter – softened
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar – packed
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp of vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 tsp of baking soda
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla
- *if using unsalted butter add 3/4 tsp of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, the baking soda and if using the salt.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Cream together for about 3-5mins on medium until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla and the eggs one at a time scrapping down the sides after each addition.
- Then add in the dry ingredients into the dough. I did this in 3 steps.
- I took some dough into my hands and just rolled them into about an inch ball and coated them in sugar.
- Once they’re coated in sugar and on the tray next take a fork and just press down lightly and make a criss cross pattern.
- Bake in the oven for about 9-10mins.
- Cool on a wire rack.